Smart technology and devices continue to revolutionize how we live. Most people want to stay up to date on the latest trends and technologies. The latest smart home statistics show that as many as 63.43 million households in the US are actively using smart home devices in 2023. So if you want to be one of these trend setters, you will want to read this list of how you can start to make your home a smart home!
- The first, and most important, step to making your home a smart home is to get a smart home digital assistant. The two most popular home assistants are Amazon Echo (with Alexa) and Google Home. You can purchase either one of these at www.bestbuy.com
- Adding smart light bulbs is another great way to make your home smarter. Using your smart home digital assistant you can control all the smart lights in your home via voice control or by the push of a button. You can also have different settings for the lighting in each room, and turn lights on and off when you’re not home!
- Installing a smart thermostat is a great way to automate the temperature throughout your home and can even save you money on your electric bill! Some smart thermostats can learn your favorite temperatures and even sense when people aren’t home to regulate the temperature.
- Replacing your regular doorbell with a smart doorbell is another step to making your home smarter and safer. Smart doorbells come with HD cameras so you can see who is at your door via your mobile device. You can also communicate through your smart doorbell if you need to.
- If you hate running the vacuum, you will definitely want a smart vacuum. High quality smart vacuums come with great sensors that allow them to navigate throughout your home and clean autonomously! Some also come with Wi-Fi connectivity so it allows you to control it via your smartphone.
- If you have a cat or dog, your smart home wouldn’t be complete without a pet camera that lets you monitor and interact with your fur babies 24/7, from wherever you are. These are as functional as they are fun, some offering barking notifications and a remote treat-tossing feature that you—and your pooch—will love.
There really is no place like home. Home is your safe haven, a place where your friends and family can gather. So why not make home a little nicer by letting technology take care of it for you?
If your home is in need of repairs or updates, contact Dennis & Sons Contracting. We have two locations in Horsham, Pennsylvania and Yardley, Pennsylvania. We service Montgomery County, Bucks County, and Philadelphia areas. We would be happy to provide you a free quote on roof repairs or replacements, gutter installations, siding repairs or replacement, new windows and doors, and much more! You can reach us by phone at (215) 757-1855 or visit our website at https://dennisandsonscontracting.com/.